Senior wordpress developer
We are seeking a senior WordPress developer to join our small but expanding team of 6. We are looking for a passionate, ambitious person who loves complex problems and producing user friendly, easy-to-use, conversion focused websites.
Salary: Based On Experience/Value Provided
Role: Full Time
Using the latest time tracking / project management systems to deliver mainly custom WordPress solutions to clients who require integration with back off systems such as Recruitment Portals, Property Portals, Membership / Subscription, Video, Stockist / Store Location systems. Your knowledge and skillset should far exceed simple theme installs and straight forward customisations – you should have the desire to push the limits of WordPress and deliver market leading websites that you would actually want to use yourself.
life as an impacter
All our team share similar traits and we expect you to also possess.
You use your initiative.
Always considering what is next, considering what could go wrong and use logic to make decisions to drive a project or the business forward.
You are not happy with sitting still; you’re hungry for success and want to constantly progress in your career. You always want to deliver better and improve yourself and your skillsets.
You are a Spot The Difference champion.
Your attention to detail is out of this world. You can spot the things that others don’t and can look at a visual file and a live site and see immediately spot the difference to the nearest pixel.
You’re fighting the corner of the user
You want to create websites that people want to use. You’re committed to producing easy to navigate, simple to use and rapid to load experiences that work on the devices that users use most.
You are all about the latest tech & software
You are always looking at the latest technology to make your role easier, more efficient and improve internal processes or systems.
You have the tunes on and are ready to roll
You have a playlist ready, headphones on, are distraction free and are ready to roll up your sleeves to hit project deadlines.
You are the most organised person you know
You plan ahead. You value your time so want to make the best use of it. Allocating the right time preparing for meetings and calls to ensure that you don’t waste someone else’s time.
You enjoy and love what you do
You are truly passionate about your role and can talk about it until the sun comes up. You thrive on the pressure of deadlines and can keep your cool in all situations.
You get actively involved in workplace banter
You can confidently share an embarrassing story about yourself as an initiation, knowing that this will be a conservation starter for your colleagues.
Examples – James once won a flower arranging competition. Martin once worked in a strip club (As a DJ)
- Developing WooCommerce shops and WordPress websites from Sketch and Photoshop files
- Maintaining WooCommerce & WordPress websites, ensuring they are secure, backed-up and up-
- To deliver highly accurate WordPress bespoke theme and plugin builds from a functionality
specification and artwork provided by our designers.
- Determine the best technical solutions for clients based on your knowledge and experience of
- Provide solutions to complex API integrations with third party systems.
- Manage your own workload, take personal responsibility for delivering on time and be
accountable for your decisions.
- Communicate effectively and responsively with the Project Manager, the rest of development
team and clients.
- Display industry expertise and knowledge effectively to clients, and share best practice
throughout the team.
- A demonstrable portfolio of WordPress sites with complex API integrations, multilingual sites, Git workflows and/or WooCommerce.
- Experience of using Sketch/Photoshop/InVision; task runners such as Gulp/Grunt; CSS frameworks; and deployment processes such as Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Familiarity of Agile working methodologies.
- Familiar with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- A logical thought process and an ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients & colleagues.
- Experience of client expectation management.
- The ability to work by yourself and in a small team; be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated.
- At least three years commercial experience of front and backend WordPress development either in another agency or as a freelancer.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience / Examples using Headless WordPress
- Being able to analyse data for our clients from sources such as Google Analytics, HotJar and Google Search Console and advise them based on the findings.
- Optimising websites for use on mobile devices and ensuring they are always quick to load.
- Familiar with Server Setup for WordPress with DNS, CDN’s, Caching & Optimisation
- Carrying out Performance reports on websites.
- Organised – Time management is essential
- Experience of conversion rate optimisation
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
Would be Nice Features
- 3 Yrs + Experience with WordPress
- Good knowledge in developing Plugins for WordPress
- Good knowledge of delivering websites built for Accessibility requirements WCAG 2.0
- Knowledge of Automated Testing Platforms / Selenium
Your daily activities will see you closely working between our Design and Engineering teams to bridge the
gap between design and implementation.
This would be from crafting and testing custom frontend WordPress projects as well as getting into the
detail with implementing the frontend code into the WordPress backend.
To participate in WordPress Support related enquiries in relation to help bug fix / fault find WordPress issues both cosmetic and functional.
You will also be required to carry out any other reasonable duties falling within your capabilities as the business / Company so require.